sunnuntai 23. tammikuuta 2011

Party with my vinyls tomorrow.




I'll be playing at the epicentre of live music in Finland - Tavastia tomorrow with New Yorkers Sleigh Bells and Finnish/French house soon-to-be-giants Square Mode. Right now I'm going through some material that I've bought during these last few months I've been on dj-holiday - not really playing anywhere, just buying everything thats fun on vinyl. Now it all comes together. I just hope the tech side works for once and the monitoring gives feedback. Well, enough of the tech talk. Let's talk music.

Here's some songs I've picked up during these months of not doing nothing. Let's call them idle tracks.

First off. The sharp, crispy Four Tet track I got on Future Bass comp called Nothing To See. The track brings me back to August at Flow Festival where I had the priviledge to see an extatic Four Tet up-beat set in a factory building filled with people and it was so hot and sweaty I just had to flee but all I remember was the exciting uplifting beats Kieran Hebden managed to push out of his systems. This track also reminds me that why you should buy and play stuff on vinyl. This might sound like crap through cheese box speakers so go and find this on vinyl.



soul jazz future bass-four tet-Nothing To See by The Drift Record Shop


Next off. There's something about Lindsrom and Prins Thomas I just can't figure. Just how the hell do they manage to hold on o their red line and still do remix of tracks like this?! Chemical Brothers anthem turned into an Oslo Psyko Disko takes some balls to pull through and yet they do it classy as also. I think I could eventually play an entire set of Lindstrom & Prins Thomas and be entirely satified but that's something they should do themselves



Chemical Brothers 'Swoon' (Lindstrom and Prins Thomas Remix) by cmjct



Then yet one more cosmic disco act I've fallen in love with. Indianapoli DFA act Bot'ox have something tweaked and great in them that just shouts PLAY ME! Their atmosphere is just so progressive and sophisticated I'd be fool not to play it. Just the perfect sound to be played on vinyl.


Bot'ox - "Babylon By Car" by user8594525

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti