perjantai 19. marraskuuta 2010

BV is back

There has happened a lot after the last post here in BV blog. We had our weekly club called Head Over Heels at YK and on my own Club Rainmaker at Le Bonk. They both seem to be in the past now as we approach winter 2011. Now I've kept a break on Djing and concentrating on work and browsing for new music and inspiration. I start to be hungry for more now and I'll actually be playing in Dragattack at Jenny Woo on 30.12.2010. Welcome.

I want to thank YACHT, Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip, Helsinki 78-82, French Films, Crystal Love, Lil' Tony, The Casbah, Poika & Hirviö, Basse and Emile from Emperatron, Antti Hietala, Zebra and Snake, Juho, Murmansk, Long Sam, Kap Kap, OMSK, The Ran, Sheikki Sheikki DJ's, Manna and many more for helping us the summer and fall happen.

Head Over Heels continues without me at Kuudes Linja in the future and I'm glad it does...

During recent weeks and months I've settled into Punavuori, in an old stone house that used to settle Finnish legends like Runeberg and Cygnaeus. Truly a fine house and I feel cozy here. I've also taken a crash course on deeper house music and djing softwares. Can't wait to get out and play it to you people.

I also took some effort on trying to redo the layout here but can't make up my mind if this works or not. I need your opinion.

I'll also start testing soundcloud etc. here so you'd get to hear whats happening in my ears at the moment.

I bought the Permanent Vacation sampler 2 a month ago and got really into these deep sounds of talented Swede John Talabot. He really has it going on.

Matilda's Dream by John Talabot">

Then there's a great track from Tennishero, fellow swedes called Jens Andersson and Alexander Berg who seem to have a hint of etheric perfection going on. I just love how they do it. Listen to this and smile


Then there's Shit Robot. An american producer signed on DFA who came out with a killer album which has great guests like fellow DFA-ians such as James Murphy and Juan Maclean but also Alexis Taylor (who dj'd at HOH), legendary Ian Svenonious etc.

This obscure track has James Murphy and Ian Svenonious reminding what's go great about New York.

Then there's fun and special remix of Smashing Pumpkins 1979 by StardonE here. I just found it somewhere and like the Crystal Castles / Robert Smith track, this has truly the best of both worlds. The indie rock I've love for ages and the geeky electronics. Listen.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti